Make a gift to the Hampshire Archives Trust

Make a gift to the Hampshire Archives Trust

Help us find, protect and share our county’s documented past by donating to the Hampshire Archives Trust, an independent registered charity.

A vital part of HAT’s work is providing grants to local organisations to help them preserve and share our county’s history. Visit our grants page to see examples of the projects that we have funded. If you want to make a real, tangible difference to the preservation and sharing of Hampshire’s local history then what better way than to make a donation towards our work?

Membership subscriptions cover our running costs, but in order to continue to provide grants we need your support. We will put your donation towards the area of greatest need, which may be an emergency grant for critically endangered documentary evidence, commemorative displays and publications or education projects.

You can make a donation by downloading our donation form here. Please remember to tick the Gift Aid box to make your donation go even further

We’re happy to discuss any prospective donation with you. Simply complete our contact form on this website and we’ll be back in touch to arrange a discussion with the responsible Board Member.

Gifts in Wills

It’s easy to make or alter a Will, and most charitable donations in the UK are free from inheritance tax. So making a bequest to Hampshire Archives Trust in your Will, however small, is a simple and cost-effective way to help remember Hampshire’s past, for future generations. A true legacy.

We always recommend discussing your wishes with your family and solicitor before making or changing a Will. Impartial guidance from HM Government in relation to tax and leaving a gift in your will can be accessed here.

Select the donation amount

Gift Aid Declaration

I would like to enhance my donation through Gift Aid. I confirm I am a UK tax payer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations, it is my responsibility to pay the difference.